Welcome to my first ever blogging income report! My August 2021 income report will show you exactly how I made $1,159.05 on my blogs.
August was my highest earning month ever for my blogs and I’m so excited to keep growing.
First of all – why am I even sharing my income with you?
My blogging journey has been filled with so many ups and downs but one thing that has always kept me motivated is seeing other bloggers’ progress.
My journey actually started 5 years ago. I created a travel blog in college and spent years (and lots of money) on it and never made a single penny. Looking back, I realize my first blog failed because I never took the steps to learn how to properly monetize it.
Flash forward to the summer of 2020 and I started seeing income reports from other bloggers show up on Pinterest and Youtube. I found people my age and younger who were making $10k, $20k, and even $75k+ PER MONTH with their blogs.
I decided to start a new lifestyle blog and learn how to actually monetize it. I taught myself everything I possibly could about SEO, affiliate marketing, and ad networks. And since I was blogging anonymously, I had so much freedom to play around and make mistakes with it.
Now, only a year after launching this brand new website, I’ve made $1,159.05 in a month just off of blogging alone.
Reading income reports from other bloggers was really helpful when I started out. Not only was it insanely inspiring, it also gave me a glimpse at where my stats needed to be before I could earn serious money with this website.
I’m sharing this income report to inspire you and show you that anyone can make money blogging!
August 2021 Income Report
In August 2021 I made $1,159.05 from my blogs. Here is exactly where that money came from:
Secret Lifestyle Blog:
- Affiliates: $706.69
- Ads: $452.36
By Leah Claire
- Affiliates: $0
- Ads: $0
In August I put 100% of my time and energy into growing the Secret Lifestyle Blog. I’m hoping that once I’m making a stable income with that blog, I can apply everything I’ve learned over here on By Leah Claire.
August Traffic Breakdown
Secret Lifestyle Blog:
- August 2021 Pageviews: 90,771 (35,645 sessions)
- Pinterest Followers: 2,225
- Email List Subscribers: 237
By Leah Claire:
- August 2021 Pageviews: 386 (269 sessions)
- Pinterest Followers: 399
- Email List Subscribers: 366
It doesn’t take very much money to start a blog but there are some minor expenses.
Canva Pro: $12.99 I use Canva Pro for both of my blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, and even for my social media clients. The free version is great but I use lots of the features in the Pro version so it’s worth it to me.
RankIQ: $49 I’ve been trying out RankIQ for a few months to stock up on low competition, high volume keywords. I may cancel or downgrade this subscription in a few months but I’m really loving it right now.
TOTAL EXPENSES: $78.93
What Worked This Month?
August is a really busy month for the niche that my second blog is in. I had a few posts go viral on Pinterest that really helped boost my traffic and earnings.
My SEO work is also paying off big time. I was able to increase my organic search traffic significantly this month. In June I was getting just 2-5 clicks per day from Google, but in August I started getting 50-100 clicks per day.
Blogging Goals for September
- I REALLY want to hit $2000 in September. Honestly, I have no idea how much money I’ll make in September. With the holiday season coming up, I’m hoping my income will go up a little bit but I honestly have no clue!
- Publish 4 blog posts on By Leah Claire. I would love for By Leah Claire to start gaining traction. I haven’t written on this blog in a long time but now that I have the tools to grow a blog, it’s just a matter of putting the work in. I know this blog can make good money if it gets the time and energy it deserves.
- Publish 6 blog posts on my secret lifestyle blog. With the holiday season coming up, I really want to pump out some content on that blog to increase the income. I think I can reasonably write 6 blog posts in September.
I’ll be sure to update you in my September income report and let you know how I did on my goals for the month!
I still can’t believe I made over $1000 in a month from an anonymous blog that’s only a year old! I hope this income report will inspire you to start your own blog.
Do you have any questions about blogging? Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I’d be happy to help you!